What sets us apart ?
• low instructor/student ratio 1:6 – 1:9.
• professional instructors with a keen ability to motivate skaters with the Letskate® program.
• creative teaching techniques that develop rapid tangible results.
• year-round skating lessons.
My name is Tammy Keogh, and as a skating coach and the founder of Performance Skating Schools I am so proud to have been a part of influencing thousands of children’s love of skating and physical fitness.
To have the opportunity to provide such a positive and lasting experience and to see the smiles on the faces of the students and the coaches spells success to me.
By partnering with independent educators like you, PSSI can continue our mission to Challenge, Inspire and Develop students of all skill levels, ages and cultures for years to come.
I invite you to contact PSSI to discuss your school’s unique needs.
Our head coaches are chosen because of their experience working with children within the company for several years.
The Head Coach role is one of the most important in our organization as they oversee all aspects of the program including:
- preparing and delivering lessons,
- monitoring the progression of other coaches and groups, and
- implementing theme days to keep the program interesting and exciting
The safety and security of our students is paramount, and the Head Coaches support the Coach with each group by offering assistance to any students who may need it. Head Coaches are also trained to communicate effectively with coaches, students, teachers and parents to address any issues or concerns, on-ice and off-ice.
All head coaches are first aid trained and are minimum level 1 NCCP certified, and must have a minimum of 3 years experience with the company as a coach before taking the responsibility of Head coach.
Core responsibilities of our Coaches are to:
- instruct each lesson with creativity in a nurturing environment,
- be conscious of each students individual strengths and weaknesses, and
- customize lessons according to the age and skill-level of students.
All of the PSSI Coaches attend in-house training sessions on a yearly basis, where they are trained on skills development, class management, and communication. Our Coaches are chosen based on their past coaching experience and skating accomplishments, but are evaluated on the manner in which they interact with the students and and other members of the coaching team.
Although it is not a requirement, most coaches are first aid certified and NCCP level 1 (of higher).